September 29, 2020
News

One new death and 89 new cases as HSE chief warns of ‘difficult’ winter ahead

There was one further death from Covid-19 in the Republic of Ireland in the last 24 hours, the HSE said this evening.

The total death toll here is now 1,777 while the number of confirmed cases has now reached 29,114 after another 89 people were diagnosed.

Of the cases notified today;

  • 40 are men / 48 are women
  • 63% are under 45 years of age
  • 56% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
  • 8 cases have been identified as community transmission
  • 53 in Dublin, 15 in Limerick, and the remaining 21 cases are Clare, Cork, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Longford, Meath, Offaly, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow.
  • One death was denotified.

Meanwhile, Health Service Executive CEO Paul Reid told RTÉ today that the coming winter “will be more difficult than ever before” as it manages Covid-19 and scales up services that had been stalled due to the virus.

Mr Reid added that he has “confidence and hope” but also “apprehension” and urged people not to “drop their guard” in the fight against Covid-19.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *