No new deaths but 53 new cases as restrictions lifted in Kildare ‘with immediate effect’
There were no new deaths from Covid-19 in the Republic of Ireland in the last 24 hours, the HSE said this evening.
The total death toll here is now 1,777 while the number of confirmed cases has now reached 28,813 after another 53 were diagnosed.
Of the cases notified today;
- 28 are men / 25 are women
- 75% are under 45 years of age
- 27 are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case
- 14 cases have been identified as community transmission
- 25 in Dublin, 11 in Limerick and the remaining 17 cases are located in Kildare, Longford, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Laois, Meath, Roscommon, Tipperary, Westmeath.
Meanwhile, restrictions have been lifted in Kildare “with immediate effect”.
In a statement today, the Government said: “The rolling 5-day average in Kildare is 10.8 cases as of 29 August. This compares to a 5-day average of 22.2 cases in Kildare on 6 August.
“75 cases were notified in Kildare in the week to 29 August. This compares to 238 cases notified in the week to 8 August, 170 cases in the week to 15 August, and 159 cases in the week to 22 August.”