Calling all Waterford businesses: Applications for €25,000 Restart Grant Plus are now open
Applications for the Government-backed Restart Grant Plus for Waterford businesses are now open.
Under the €300m scheme, micros, small and medium-sized businesses can apply for grants of between €4,000 and €25,000 to get their businesses up-and-running again.
The scheme is being administered by Waterford City and County Council and grant applications can be made online through the Council’s website, www.waterfordcouncil.ie.
The Restart Grant Plus Scheme is a key part of the government’s July Stimulus package, a €7.4bn package of measures designed to stimulate a jobs-led recovery and build economic confidence while continuing to manage the impact of Covid-19.
“We must do everything we can to help businesses reopen and get people back to work,” the Tánaiste and Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment Leo Varadkar said today.
“We are increasing the Restart Grant Plus, which means that small and medium sized businesses can now get between €4,000 and €25,000 to help them get back on their feet after what has been an exceptionally difficult time.
“Hairdressers, sports clubs, cafes, restaurants and several other businesses can use this money to help with the costs associated with re-opening and adapting to what is a very different environment.
“This is just one of several actions the Government is taking as part of the July Stimulus to help businesses.”
Key changes to the Restart Grant Plus Scheme include::
- €300m additional funding in addition to €250m previously committed.
- Grant amount has increased substantially. Minimum grant is now €4,000 and maximum is €25,000. Previous grant amounts were €2,000 and €10,000 respectively.
- Medium sized companies now eligible.
- Companies with up to 250 employees can now apply (previously the grant was for companies with less than 50 employees)
- Increased eligibility Non-rateable B&Bs, sports clubs with commercial activities and trading charity shops are now eligible
- Businesses that received a grant under the first scheme can re-apply to local authorities to receive additional funding.
- For first-time applicants under Restart Plus, the minimum grant is €4,000 and the maximum is €25,000.